Let’s celebrate World Oceans Day! Today is a reminder that we should all work together to protect our oceans and the sea creatures that call it home.
Small changes can make a big impact in protecting the oceans and other natural resources. Check out this quick list of things we can do to get started:
- Reduce your plastic waste. Start with grocery shopping. Try using reusable containers, bags and water bottles instead of wasteful plastics.
- Recycle! It not only reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills, but also helps conserve natural resources. You know those cute gift wraps from last Christmas? They’ll be back in style when December comes around.
- Educate yourself and people around you on how to make an impact! Here are some resources worth checking out:
- World Oceans Day 2021 and What is Oceans Day? (UN World Oceans Day 2021)
- UN Sustainable Development Goals. Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources
- WWF Initiatives: Oceans
- National Geographic: Impact - Ocean
- United States Environmental Protection Agency - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration U.S. Department of Commerce - Ocean Facts
- Shop sustainably. Look for brands like Socktopus Ink that use sustainable materials and care about their environmental impact.
Join the Socktopus Crew in the fight for ocean conservation!